Broadly speaking, I am interested in how information technology changes society and the delivery of information to individuals and organizations. As part of that interest, I study information law and policy, information retrieval, human-computer interaction, digital libraries, and information and media industry structures.
Aside from holding two degrees in information science and a JD where I focused on intellectual property, I’m an inveterate technology junkie who brings the technologist’s perspective to everything I do, from legal practice to household chores. I’m interested in all aspects of information technology, including database/application development and human-computer interaction.
I am also an attorney admitted in New York State. My practice focuses on civil litigation, with an emphasis on residential mortgage-backed securities.
Some fun me-focused links:
- My IST directory page, with contact information
- My CV
- My Master’s thesis, “Design and Development of a Geocollaborative Web Portal: A User-Centered Approach”
- My Amazon Wish List
IST committees and service:
- IST Honors Coordinator (2016–)
- Faculty adviser, IST Information Assurance Club (2015–)
- Faculty co-adviser, IST Student Government (2016–)
- Penn State Faculty Senate (2014–18)
- IST Fixed-Term Faculty Search Committee (2014–15)
- IST Web Committee (2012–13)
- IST Curricular Assessment Committee (2012–14)
- IST 220 Course Committee (2012–14)
- IST 432 Course Committee (2013–14)
- Faculty Honors Advisor (beginning 2013)
- IST Undergraduate Advisory Committee (2013–18; chairman, 2015–18)
- Penn State Innovation Fund, grant of $65,433.00 for IGnition: Intelligent Group cognition and simulation (2014–15; primary investigator)
- IST Teaching Innovation, grant of $5,776.50 for Creating a Programmable Textbook for IST and SRA Students (2015; primary investigator)